If you don't see it here then contact me for the answer.

Common Queries and Questions

1. Can my child be a witness?
Yes, as long as they are over the age of 18.
2. Can We Choose Our Own Vows and Other Content?
Yes. I will help you to find and/or write the vows and will compose a ceremony which reflects your wishes and input. Please note that Federal law imposes some minor inclusions in the ceremony wording, on which a Celebrant has no choice.
Together you and I will put together your own personalised ceremony. I have samples of various ceremonies that I have done for you to start with and then we can work through the ceremony that makes your ceremony unique for you and your fiance.
3. Can we write our own ceremony?
Yes you can but I will have to insert all the Legal wording to make the marriage Legal.
4. Do I have to have someone to give me away?
No, you don't have to, it is your day.
5. Do you look for a venue or do I have to look into that?
It is your wedding day and you will have to find your own venue to suit your needs.
6. How Do We Get Started?
To be married in Australia you will need to fill out a Notice of Intended Marriage form (NOIM) and sign it on the back in the presence of a Justice of the Peace, doctor, lawyer, police officer or myself.
If you are both living outside of Australia you will need to fill out the Notice of Intended Marriage form (NOIM) and sign it on the back in the presence of one of the following: an Australian Diplomatic Officer, an Australian Consular Officer, a Notary Public, an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under para 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1995 or an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under para 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1995.
It only needs to be signed by one of you to start the clock ticking. It is valid for 18 months from the day I receive it. I can send you a copy by snail mail if you give me your home address or you can download a copy of the NOIM from the Attorney General's Department.
7. If we are having a wedding outdoors do we need to have a backup plan if it rains?
Yes, you would need to have something in place. Perhaps you could check out a venue which is easily accessible so everyone attending the wedding wouldn't have far to walk or travel.
8. We want to get married in a park, can we?
Yes as long as you get in touch with the Local Council and speak to them regarding their policy, they might charge a fee.
9. What do we need to bring to the first interview?
You both need to bring along your original Birth Certificates if you have misplaced them you can obtain them from Births, Deaths and Marriages.
If born overseas you need a birth certificate or passport issued by the government of your country showing proof of date and place of birth of either party's.